Saturday, May 28, 2011

My First Trip to Manila Zoo (June 06, 2010)

     Yes, you read it right!  It's actually my first time to visit Manila Zoo.  I have been to other Zoos but not in Manila.  It was a rainy morning when I told a friend that I haven't been to Manila Zoo, he was so surprised and told me if I wanted to go there.  I said yes I want to go to Manila Zoo,  and I asked if he could take me there that day.  He asked me if I'm sure and I said yes I'm sure and lets go.  So off we go to the Zoo on a rainy day.

     Our first stop was at Quiapo Church.  We had to take another ride from here to the Zoo.  Because it is raining so hard,  we bought cheap umbrellas.  Upon reaching the Zoo, I felt a sudden excitement as I bought my ticket and enter the premises.  The first animal that I saw was the Elephant.  I was so happy to see it in person.  I only see it on TV, but now I'm actually in front of it!  I also saw the very old hippo.  We were told that the hippo has already reached its maximum life expectancy.  I also saw Lions, Zebras, Horses, Deers, snakes, birds, turtles, and many others.  I didn't mind the pouring rain, it was a lot of fun.  Now I can say that my childhood is complete because finally, I've been to the famous Manila Zoo!
Welcome to Manila Zoo!

The Famous Elephant

Deers

A Zebra

The very old Hippo

     After a memorable trip to Manila Zoo, we stopped by the Manila Ocean Park to eat and wait for the rain to stop.  We didn't enter at the oceanarium but we had a chance to see the fishes from the top of the Aquarium which is free for public viewing.

Asian Food Village at the Manila Ocean Park

On top of the Giant Aquarium

     Although I was unable to see the other animals that Manila Zoo used to exhibit including the giraffe which died several years back,  I still enjoyed just being there and finally I can tell everyone that I have been to Manila Zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment