Sunday, May 22, 2011

My Second Boracay Trip (October 11-13, 2009)

     As promised to myself,  I'm back to Boracay!   After a month from my previous travel, I immediately booked a flight to Boracay, this time, October and again, with Zest Air.  I was told that the best months to visit the island is from October to January.  We were supposed to be seven on this trip but two of our friends had to cancel their flights because typhoon Pepeng just devastated Luzon, since they will be coming from Ilocos, it is impossible for them to reach Manila since the bridge connecting the province was destroyed.  It was actually a few days after Ondoy flooded Metro Manila.  Luckily, our flight was a go.  However, all flights were diverted to Kalibo due to the closure of Caticlan Airport. Also, the flight was moved from 8:00am to 10:00am prior to diversion.  That means more travel time.

     Upon arriving at Kalibo International Airport, we were transferred to a bus provided by the airline which will bring us to Caticlan Jetty port.  Since the waves are too high that day, we were brought to Tabon port instead. This port is used during monsoon season.  When we reached the island, we immediately went to D' Mall to wait for our pick-up.  This time, we stayed at Tan's Guest House.  The room we had was beach front and buffet breakfast was provided.
Tabon Port
Tan's Guest House

     I was surprised to see the beach.  It was very different from what we saw last summer.  The Algae was gone, and the beach was picture perfect.  Although it is obvious that the sand has eroded tremendously.  On our first night, we had our Korean dinner at the Boracay Regency.  After that very appetizing dinner, we went to Cocomangas Shooter Bar, at last!  I remember not being able to enter here five months ago because it was full of people.  We ordered one of their blends and got to take home the shaker as a souvenir.  We also had fun dancing at the dance floor.  Hopefully the next time, I'll be able to try their famous "15 shots and still standing", and have my name engraved and placed on their wall of fame. At least there's another reason for me to return to Boracay. Haha.
Perfectly Clear Water
Korean Dinner at Boracay Regency

Sex On The Beach Shaker at Cocomangas Shooter Bar

     The following day was all fun on the beach.  We brought a rubber boat with us and enjoyed the waves while riding on it.  After a very tiring fun, we went back to our rooms and took a rest.

     Our last day was all shopping, but we took a final plunge on the beach early morning.  We had to check-in three hours before our flight because we will be transferred  back to Kalibo.  Upon reaching Caticlan, we were assisted at the Zest Air Office outside the Airport and were issued our boarding pass (There is a small store beside the airport which sells pasalubong items and uses native hand-woven bags instead of plastic bags).  We were told to proceed to  Zest Air Lounge to wait for our bus which will bring us to Kalibo Airport.  The airport is bigger than Caticlan, we were immediately seated upon entering the departure area.  The flight left on time and we reached Manila after an hour.
My coach at the lower deck

At the Zest Air Departure Lounge

     My second Boracay tour was great!  I've seen the real charm of Boracay.  I'll sure come back but not sooner.  There are other places I want to explore.

2 comments:

  1. This is a good travel blog, Bernard. I'm glad you've started your own blog. Keep it up, my friend. It'll be nice to share all your travels with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Hope you'll enjoy reading my other posts.

    ReplyDelete